Special Issue on Assessing and forecasting the sustainability impact of new ventures
The Journal of Cleaner Production is planning a special issue to evaluate and forecast the impact of new ventures on sustainability. Borderstep director Prof. Klaus Fichter is one of the guest editors.
Journal of Cleaner Production calls for submissions
Scientists are invited to submit their research for publication.
Paper submission procedure:
- Proposal submissions can be submitted until March 31, 2021, after which they can be elaborated in detail. The text length must not be less than 3000 words.
- A Paper Development Workshop on April 30, 2021 will support the researchers in the process. The participants will be selected by the guest editors. The event will take place online.
- The deadline for submission of full papers is July 1 to August 31, 2021.
More information on the schedule can you find here.
Guest editors of the special edition are:
- Klaus Fichter, Borderstep Institut und Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Deutschland
- Florian Lüdeke-Freund, ESCP Europe Business School, Deutschland
- Stefan Schaltegger, Leuphana Universität, Deutschland
- Simon Schillebeeckx, Management-Universität Singapur, Singapur
Start-ups implement environmental innovations
Entrepreneurs and start-ups are key players in the implementation of environmental innovations and new approaches to cleaner production. Therefore, the analysis of the impact of entrepreneurial ventures is of central importance for research in the field of cleaner production and entrepreneurship.
In order for entrepreneurship to promote sustainable development, it is crucial to understand how established firms and emerging young companies have a positive impact on sustainability.
Assessment of sustainability impacts of start-ups has hardly been researched so far
The sustainability impact of established companies and their products and services has been a key topic in business-related sustainability research for many years. This is true, for example, in the areas of social and sustainability accounting and reporting as well as entrepreneurship research.
However, the assessment of sustainability consequences of start-ups, for example by means of life cycle assessments or social impact analyses, is a neglected research area. This special issue of the Journal of Cleaner Production is intended to change that.
ImpactNexus: Sustainability as a success factor 02.09.2021
Borderstep celebrates the 15th year of its existence with its first spin-off. The start-up ImpactNexus, a spin-off of the Borderstep Institute, develops digital solutions for assessing start-ups. More
NGIN: Borderstep on grand challenges 05.08.2021
In their newest web series, the international network NGIN is putting their members into the spotlight! Borderstep co-founder and CEO Dr. Severin Beucker, explains what science can do to tackle grand challenges. More