Special Issue on Assessing and forecasting the sustainability impact of new ventures
The Journal of Cleaner Production is planning a special issue to evaluate and forecast the impact of new ventures on sustainability. Borderstep director Prof. Klaus Fichter is one of the guest editors.
Journal of Cleaner Production calls for submissions
Scientists are invited to submit their research for publication.
Paper submission procedure:
- Proposal submissions can be submitted until March 31, 2021, after which they can be elaborated in detail. The text length must not be less than 3000 words.
- A Paper Development Workshop on April 30, 2021 will support the researchers in the process. The participants will be selected by the guest editors. The event will take place online.
- The deadline for submission of full papers is July 1 to August 31, 2021.
More information on the schedule can you find here.
Guest editors of the special edition are:
- Klaus Fichter, Borderstep Institut und Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Deutschland
- Florian Lüdeke-Freund, ESCP Europe Business School, Deutschland
- Stefan Schaltegger, Leuphana Universität, Deutschland
- Simon Schillebeeckx, Management-Universität Singapur, Singapur
Start-ups implement environmental innovations
Entrepreneurs and start-ups are key players in the implementation of environmental innovations and new approaches to cleaner production. Therefore, the analysis of the impact of entrepreneurial ventures is of central importance for research in the field of cleaner production and entrepreneurship.
In order for entrepreneurship to promote sustainable development, it is crucial to understand how established firms and emerging young companies have a positive impact on sustainability.
Assessment of sustainability impacts of start-ups has hardly been researched so far
The sustainability impact of established companies and their products and services has been a key topic in business-related sustainability research for many years. This is true, for example, in the areas of social and sustainability accounting and reporting as well as entrepreneurship research.
However, the assessment of sustainability consequences of start-ups, for example by means of life cycle assessments or social impact analyses, is a neglected research area. This special issue of the Journal of Cleaner Production is intended to change that.
Join our Book Release: Sun Wind & Wires 28.11.2023
The Atlas of an Energy System in Transition combines energy industry expertise with the captivating aesthetics of Ellery Studio. The book will be launched online on December 7, 2023. More
Research Alliance with ESCP Business School 03.11.2023
Borderstep forms a research alliance with ESCP Business School’s Chair for Corporate Sustainability. The jointly organized STARbowl event "Impact Business Models: Measure What Matters!" on Nov 13, 2023 kicks off this alliance. Register now! More
Heat pumps way out of gas dependence 03.03.2023
Borderstep co-founder Dr. Jens Clausen is co-author of a study on heat pumps presented by ScientistsForFuture just in time for the global climate strike. It shows that in just three years, Germany can reduce up to 60% of the amount of gas previously covered by Russian gas. More